Hey there, I’m Anna!
How I became a photographer
I’m never sure what to write here. When I read others about me pages they have a whole story about how they’ve held a camera since they could walk and were destined to be an artist. I don’t have that story. I had no idea I would become a photographer or a small business owner. I didn’t pick up a camera until 30. My then boyfriend, now husband, came to pick me up for a date. We were into hiking and he had just got a new camera. So, of course, I played with it the whole time and when our date was over, he left and the camera stayed at my apartment. I didn’t “steal” it, but it just “moved in”. I started photographing plants because I had a jungle on my apartment patio and about a year or so later my best friend mentioned she wanted senior portraits for her daughter. I asked if I could try and next year will be 10 years I’ve been doing senior portraits!
Who I photograph
I am a portrait photographer. This means I don’t photograph weddings or events. I photograph every age from preschoolers to high school seniors, families of all sizes, business professionals and women of all ages. I love posing people but the best is when you make it your own. I like to let your personality come out and it’s hard if you feel stuck in a pose. But I also know that feeling of not knowing what to do with your body in front of a camera. I’ve seen the power of what a truly great photograph can do for self-esteem and I believe everyone has their own beauty.
What I believe
I believe everyone has beauty within them. Some guard that beauty more fiercely, but it’s my job to bring it out of you and capture it. Then you will see what I see and know that beauty does exist within you.
Other randomness about me…I have a 5 year old son. He’s very busy which is why you get an automated email during the day, and usually a response from me after 8pm. I’m also loving working on our yard, fighting the weeds, and trying to get some new plants in before the weeds take it over again. With a third of an acre, the weeds are definitely winning.
If you’re dying to hear more, here are five things you might not know about me.
- My husband and I have been going to Timbers games since USL days. Huge soccer fans and hoping we’ll get a real season next year.
- I love the granita at Human Bean. I usually treat myself to one before every shoot.
- I’m crazy afraid of snakes. If we do a shoot in tall grass you’ll see the crazy.
- I’m obsessed with eyeshadow. You won’t see it at your photoshoot cause if I wear eye makeup it ends up all over my face, but come follow my personal instagram where I share all my latest eyeshadow palette splurges and my makeup of the day.
- If I could do anything for a living it would be to travel the world and take portraits of people. At least I get one of those for now!
Still here? Let’s connect! Hit the button below to send me an email…even if it’s just “hey you sound cool but I’m way more into Dutch than HB.” lol