The second question everyone has after “What do I wear” is how do I do my makeup for senior pictures? I should clarify that I am not a makeup artist but I’ve noticed a few things that help images turn out beautifully!
- Skincare – well cared for skin is happy skin. Makeup can only do so much, so take the time now to develop a skincare routine if you haven’t already. In just a few short weeks you can improve your skin which helps your makeup look even better! (But know you will get a zit or two the day before your senior pictures, it literally happens to everyone! Don’t fret, one click and its gone in photoshop!)
- Foundation – find your holy grail foundation now. Practice applying it with a brush or beauty blender to see which finish you like best. It’s best to ensure the color matches your neck for a natural look.
- Powder – setting your foundation is essential but this is where things can go very wrong. I rarely use flash but it’s a good idea to check to see if there is any flashback. More and more powders leave a white cast and even highlighter can do it! Go easy on the highlighter. Yikes.
- Lipstick – find a long-wearing lipstick that you love that isn’t too drying. You won’t want to reapply 50x’s but once or twice is totally normal. Even if you don’t normally wear lipstick, it adds so much color to your face its a must have for senior pictures!
- False lashes – falsies can get a bad wrap for being too fake but there are some gorgeous natural wispy lashes even at the drugstore these days! If you aren’t great at applying your own, consider going to MAC to buy lashes and they’ll apply them for you!
- Contouring – contouring can do amazing things…it can also go very very wrong. This is best left to the professional or highly experienced makeup enthusiast.
- Practice, practice, practice – the best advice is to try out your makeup on a day that it won’t matter. Don’t leave this until the day of and then realize it’s not turning out well or taking too much time.
- Hire a professional – if you’ve booked your senior pictures with Anna Graf Photography you already get a complimentary blowout at Brow & Blowdry. Just let me know in advance and the professional makeup artist can do your makeup for you for an affordable price! Nothing better than getting pampered right before your big photoshoot!